Dangerous goods are elements that show a risk to health and safety or that can cause harm to people, property or the environment. Specifically, explosive objects are classified as Class 1 and have more stringent requirements in handling, storage and transport than other dangerous goods. They are materials or objects that due to a chemical reaction give off gases at a temperature or speed that can cause damage; or materials that can produce exothermic reactions.
Classification of Explosives:
- Division 1.1 Explosives with a risk of massive explosion
- Division 1.2 Explosives with risk of projection
- Division 1.3 Explosives with predominant risk of fire
- Division 1.4 Explosives without significant explosion risk
- Division 1.5 Very insensitive explosives; explosive agents
- Division 1.6 Extremely insensitive explosives; detonating articles